Thursday, April 9, 2009

D300, I Love You So

After a long, unproductive, crappy day at work, the one thing that kept me going was the knowledge that my shiny new D300 would be at home waiting for me. I had a momentary panic when I realized that the battery would have to be charged first (which takes 12 hours for a full charge), but somehow, miraculously, it charged much more quickly, and I was, indeed, able to play with my new toy.

I guess I should admit that it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to put the memory card in. And did I mention that the manual is 420 pages long? (I'm currently on p. 114: Autoexposure Lock.)

After that rough start, though, I was able to take two pictures (though I cheated and used the P mode and the pop-up flash). I'm sure you will be shocked to read that one of the pictures was of the Elder Child, and one of the Younger Child.

I am considering taking my camera to work tomorrow, so that I can shoot during lunch. But how on earth would I transport it? Oh, wait! My Best Beloved surprised me with a new Lowepro backpack! (I still have to choose a fabric for my Phat Straps camera strap, but I can use the one it came with for now.)

Ah well...I must return to my reading materials. Next section: Exposure Compensation!

No comments: