Sunday, April 5, 2009

Whither Weather?

Okay, seriously?

I know, I know, it's Chicago. I've lived here for more than 15 years, and before that, I lived in upstate New York for more than four years, so I should be used to it.

But I'm not.

It is currently snowing. It is also currently April.

And what's worse...it's sticking! I mean, it's one thing for a few flakes to sort of flurry around in the air and then melt on impact. But to look outside and see an inch or so piled up on top of the sand table...that's just not right.

Oh, and did I mention that it's supposed to continue snowing for the next two days, too?

Bite me, Chicago Weather Gods.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I didn't know you lived in upstate NY!

Snow coming here too - a couple of inches tomorrow night and into Tuesday. And with the kids bikes in the garage, no room for my car now, unless I want to haul all their stuff back to the basement and then have to haul it all back up again in a few days...

Kate said...

Yep, I went to college in Oneonta and Binghamton in the early '90s.

And looking outside, we seem to be up to at least two inches. But at least my car is in the garage--that sucks that you have to keep your car out!